By Carly Matthews, Manager of Mission Effectiveness at Catholic Charities of Central Florida
1. Make an Advent wreath for your home.
2. Attend daily Mass – click here to find Mass times at a parish near you in the Diocese of Orlando.
3. Learn about a new saint and pray for their help and intersession throughout Advent. Try the Saint Name Generator to help pick the saint for your spiritual needs.
4. Pick one day each week to fast from eating between meals.
5. Pick one day each week to fast from social media, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
6. Use the USCCB Interactive Advent Calendar to help prepare your heart and mind for Christmas.
7. Bring someone a home-cooked meal or invite them to eat in your home with your family.
8. Has it been a while since your last confession? Click here for resources to help you rediscover the Sacrament of Penance to help prepare your soul for the coming of Christ.
9. Pray for those who have no one else to pray for them.
10. Say the Rosary as a family.