Advocate for the needs of the poor and suffering
“Every Christian community is called to go out of itself and to be engaged in the life of the greater society of which it is a part, especially with the poor.” Pope Francis, 2015 Lenten Message
Join the Florida Catholic Advocacy Network
To register, click here.
Collaborate with Catholics throughout Florida to help encourage lawmakers to defend all human life and promote the dignity of the most vulnerable in our society. Speak out on behalf of the poor, the disabled, the sick or dying, the unborn, the elderly, families and children, farmworkers, immigrants, the imprisoned, and others in need. By raising our voices together, we strengthen the presence of the Catholic faithful in the political arena.
“In the Catholic tradition, responsible citizenship is a virtue; participation in the political process is a moral obligation.” (Faithful Citizenship: A Catholic Call to Political Responsibility, USCCB, September 2003).
The Florida Catholic Advocacy Network informs you of current legislative issues that relate to areas of Church teaching and provides an easily accessible channel of communication to assist you in sharing your concerns with your elected officials. The Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops, which is the nonpartisan, public policy voice of the Catholic bishops of Florida, will provide to you via email:
- Timely action alerts urging you to email or call your legislators on key bills at both the state and federal levels;
- Sample messages for you to use in communications with your elected officials;
- Current legislative reports and summaries during the Florida legislative session;
- Bishops statements, position papers, and other educational materials;
- The Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops electronic newsletter;
- Information about upcoming events; and
- Links to helpful resources.