Agape Food Bank
Transforming lives through innovative programming, education, and hunger advocacy.
Who We Are
Agape is a food bank – not a food pantry – that is specifically designed to provide food resources to local partner agencies.
Our mission is to lead in the fight to end hunger in our community by providing nutritious food and transforming lives through innovative programming, education, and hunger advocacy. Our Vision is that 100% of the people in our community have access to an adequate supply of nutritious food.
Agape Food Bank is part of the national Feeding America Food Bank network and a member of Feeding Florida. It is the only designated provider of USDA commodities serving Polk, Highlands, and Hardee counties.
What We Do
For over 30 years, Agape Food Bank has been addressing hunger in our community and transforming lives through innovated programming, education and hunger advocacy:
- Partner Agency “Sharing” Program – a warehouse grocery where partner agencies shop our warehouse for food to serve people in their food ministries.
- Pallet Delivery Program – a door-to-door delivery of food to our partner agencies
- Mobile Food Pantries – direct distribution to the most impoverished areas
- SmilePak – a weekly meal program that provides a backpackof food each weekend during the school year for students in need
- School Pantries – weekly food distribution at select schools for children and families in need
- USDA Commodities – distribution via pick-up and delivery
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are distributed directly from the field to people in need
- Nutrition and Outreach Coordinator – provides helpful tips and cooking demos to encourage a healthy lifestyle to at-risk communities
Hunger in our Community
- One in 4 of our neighbors struggles to put food on the table 23.2%
- Over 70% of our public school students are eligible for free and reduced lunch 70%