Agape Food Bank, a program of Catholic Charities of Central Florida, is part of the national Feeding America Food Bank network, a member of the Florida Association of Food Banks and is the only designated provider of USDA commodities serving Polk, Highlands, and Hardee counties. Agape is a food bank – not a food pantry – that is specifically designed to provide food resources to local partner agencies.
Our Mission is to lead in the fight to end hunger in our community by providing nutritious food and transforming lives through innovative programming, education, and hunger advocacy.
Our Vision is that 100% of the people in our community have access to an adequate supply of nutritious food.
Hunger In Our Community
- One in 4 of our neighbors struggles to put food on the table 23.2%
- Over 70% of our public school students are eligible for free and reduced lunch 70%
In 2015-2016, Agape distributed over 10 million pounds of food
That's more than 7.3 million meals!
Agape’s Vital Role in our Community For over 30 years, Agape Food Bank has played a vital role in addressing hunger in our community through a variety of programs:
- Partner Agency “Sharing” Program – warehouse grocery
- Pallet Delivery Program – door-to-door deliveries to Partner Agencies
- Mobile Food Pantries – direct distribution to the most impoverished areas
- SmilePak – weekend meals backpack program
- School Pantries – weekly distribution at select schools for children and families
- USDA Commodities – distribution via pick-up and delivery
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are distributed directly from the field to people in need
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Click here to read the USDA Non-Discrimination Statement.