Catholic Days at the Capitol
Each year Catholics from around the state gather in Tallahassee to participate in Catholic Days at the Capitol. This two-day event provides the opportunity to put into action our faith’s call to political responsibility and allows us to strengthen the presence of our Catholic values in the public square. By joining with Floridians who share our faith to advocate for laws that protect and defend human life and dignity, we can give a voice to some of the most vulnerable and marginalized populations in our state and help promote the common good for all of Florida’s residents.
Catholic Days activities include:
- A legislative briefing on policy issues affecting human life and dignity
- Pre-scheduled meetings with lawmakers
- A luncheon for Catholic Days participants, Florida’s bishops and legislators
- Group photos of each diocesan delegation with their bishop
- Tours of the current and historic capitol buildings
- The opportunity to view the legislative process in action during committee meetings or floor sessions
- Annual Red Mass of the Holy Spirit celebrated by the bishops of Florida to pray for those working in the legislative, judicial and executive branches of government
Hotel rooms are $114.00 a night an include either a King or two Queens. Up to 4 people can stay in one room and the cost can be split. Make sure you calculate this on your Registration Form.
Fairfield Inn and Suits Tallahassee
2997 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, FL 32312
We have three choices for Transportation:
- You may ride the provided Bus from the Diocese to Tallahassee and to the CDAC events for $85.00. Please indicate this on your Registration Form and fill out the Release Form.
- You may drive yourself to Tallahassee and use the Bus only for the events in Tallahassee for $25.00. Please indicate this on your Registration Form and fill out the Release Form.
- Or you may provide your own transportation. Please indicate this on your Registration Form.
If this will be your first time at Catholic Days and don’t know what to expect or even if you’re a veteran needing a refresher course, the Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops has provided a training video that highlights what to expect and how to prepare for a successful meeting with your senator or representative. Click Here to watch the Training Video.
CDAC Forms and Flyers
Please fill out forms HERE and Mail fee and Forms to:
Attn: Office of Advocacy and Justice
1819 N. Semoran Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32807
Refunds and Cancellations
Refunds will NOT be issued after January 8, 2018. I need to know of any cancellations before January 8, 2018.