Refugee Employment Services
Catholic Charities of Central Florida has more than 20 years of experience with placing refugees in employment in Orange, Seminole, Brevard, and Osceola Counties. Clients served by Comprehensive Refugee Services are eligible for Refugee Employment Services.
Our multi-lingual staff provides an array of services to refugees, Cuban/Haitian entrants and asylees. Our goal is to provide outstanding employment services to employers by finding the right person for available openings.
Our clients have a wide range of professional, technical and labor skills. We ensure that all of our clients have completed an accurate screening of their immigration documents, educational background and previous work experience.
Benefits of Hiring a Refugee
Refugees are fully authorized to begin working immediately by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Employers can avoid large numbers of unscreened applicants by using our services.
Employers save money and avoid high advertising and staffing agency costs. Our referral services are free and professional.
Refugees have a strong desire to regain self sufficiency after suffering great losses in their home countries. They seek stability and offer you loyalty and hard work as they establish a successful life in the U.S.
Testimonial: “They are very passionate and appreciative of the work. They really go above and beyond. It is rewarding for them and rewarding for us. This has been a great partnership for many years.”
– Cindy Erazo, Human Resources Recruiter, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
FREE Support Services
- Comprehensive Screening to Match Skills to the Job Opening
- Referral and Job placement
- Post-Employment Support
- Employment Seminars and Orientation
- Training and Certification for Clients
- On the Job Training Subsidies
- Mediation between Employers/employees
- Photocopies and Accurate Translation of all Necessary Documents
- Interpreting and Translation Assistance
- Ongoing Follow-up and Supportive Counseling
- On-Site Assistance
On the Job Training (OJT)
OJT is customized job related training provided by an employer. The training increases the job skills of participants by providing work experience specific to a chosen occupation.
Employers agree to hire and train participants in full-time positions and retain them after successful completion of training.
The goal of the OJT program is to place participants in occupations that will enhance their prospects for long-term employment that will lead to self-sufficiency.
Who can become an OJT employer?
Any non-seasonal company or business that is willing to provide work related training to our clients that will lead to a permanent position.
How can my company join OJT and access training funds?
An OJT specialist will meet with you at your place of business to discuss your staffing needs and the positions for which you are seeking OJT funding.
How can the OJT program help my company?
Catholic Charities Refugee Employment Services will reimburse your company 50% of the new employee’s wages during the training period.
Training periods are negotiated prior to placement.
For more information on OJT and the benefits to your company, contact Daisy Clemente, Employment Services Coordinator at 407-277-1938, ext. 2321
Submit a Job Opening
To submit a job opening, please email Daisy Clemente, Employment Coordinator.
For information about employment services provided by Comprehensive Refugee Services please contact the following individuals by calling:
(407) 277-1938 or by email:
- Ambroise Seide, Employment Specialist (Creole and French)
- Renet Jean-Louis, Employment Specialist (Creole and French)
- Carlos Ortiz, Employment Specialist (Spanish)
- Lilith Mong-Williams, Employment Specialist (Spanish)
- Crucita Albarracin, Employment Specialist (Spanish)
- Karen Kanashiro, Employment Specialist (Spanish)
- Roy Rodriguez, Employment Specialist (Spanish)
- Shaimaa Elawdan, Employment Specialist (Arabic)
For information about Refugee Resettlement Employment Services contact, Carolina Toro, 407-658-1818, ext. 1070