Call to Family, Community, and Participation
Catholic Social Teaching
The person is not only sacred but also social. How we organize our society — in economics and politics, in law and policy — directly affects human dignity and the capacity of individuals to grow in community. Marriage and the family are the central social institutions that must be supported and strengthened, not undermined. We believe people have a right and a duty to participate in society, seeking together the common good and well-being of all, especially the poor and vulnerable.
- Attend one of our annual Harmonizing Ministries Breakfasts. You will learn about the outreach ministries in the Diocese of Orlando and how you can get involved in your parish and local community. Outreach ministries include St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Catholic Women, Knights of Columbus and Catholic Charities of Central Florida.
- Volunteer at the Catholic Charities of Central Florida Refugee Youth Services.
- Donate unused gift cards to Catholic Charities of Central Florida. These gift cards go to clients to help with buying food, clothes, furniture, and much more. Contact Advocacy and Justice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in a Marriage Enrichment program
- Register for a Natural Family Planning workshop
- Help share the facts about Domestic Violence
- Donate and Support CRS on their efforts to bring Education, Healthcare, Economic Development and much more to those in need.
- Contact the Office of Advocacy and Justice to get education materials on Call to Family, Community and Participation at email@example.com