Care for God's Creation
Catholic Social Teaching
We show our respect for the Creator by our stewardship of creation. Care for the earth is not just an Earth Day slogan, it is a requirement of our faith. We are called to protect people and the planet, living our faith in relationship with all of Gods creation. This environmental challenge has fundamental moral and ethical dimensions that cannot be ignored.
More on Care for God’s Creation
- Participate in Prayer for the Care of Creation September 1 of each year, resolving the ecological crisis which humanity is presently experiencing.
- Examine your own lifestyle and see how your family can be a better steward for God and the environment
- Plant a garden in your parish and help feed the community
- Use reusable shopping bags
- Use public transportation
- Use energy efficient light bulbs and equipment
- Carpool or use public transportation
- Buy local products
- Conduct an energy audit at your home or parish
- Contact your representatives asking them to consider laws that protect our enviroment. Find your legislator here.
- Contact the Culture of Life office to get education materials on Care for God’s Creation at CultureOfLife@cflcc.org