Throughout the year, we offer workshops, retreats and resources to help our local community understand the issues impacting our neighbors and promote the dignity of every human life from conception to natural death. Learn how you can get involved below.
We believe that all life is precious. We believe that every person has inherent dignity from the moment of conception to natural death and that the measure of every institution is whether it threatens or enhances the life and dignity of the human person.
- Participate in the annual March for Life; either the national march in Washington D.C or the local march in St. Augustine. Every year our office organizes a trip to St. Augustine for the March for Life.
- Participate in Laps for Life, a walk-a-thon and fundraiser for ultrasound equipment and support for crisis pregnancy centers in the Diocese of Orlando. Sponsored by 70 Knights of Columbus councils.
- Participate in 40 days for life full of prayer, fasting and peaceful vigil to end abortion.
- Donate your time or needed materials to one of the area pregnancy centers. Click here for a list of Crisis Pregnancy Centers within the Diocese of Orlando. (Spanish)
- Promote Project Rachel and Rachel’s Vineyard post abortion healing and reconciliation process
We believe that the family is the critical institution which supports a flourishing society; we encourage strong and healthy marriages that provide children the best situation in which to thrive.
- Attend one of our annual Harmonizing Ministries Breakfasts. You will learn about the outreach ministries in the Diocese of Orlando and how you can get involved in your parish and local community. Outreach ministries include St. Vincent de Paul, Council of Catholic Women, Knights of Columbus and Catholic Charities of Central Florida. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
We believe that every person has a fundamental right to life, and that our network has the right, guaranteed by the first amendment, to serve others in ways that live out our authentic Catholic identity.
- Participate in Catholic Days at the Capitol
- Join the Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops Advocacy Network to help encourage lawmakers to defend all human life and promote the dignity of the most vulnerable in our society.
We believe that in a society marred by deepening divisions between rich and poor, the needs of the poor and vulnerable must be put first.
We believe that the rights of workers must be respected—the right to productive work, to decent and fair wages, to organizing and joining unions, to private property and to economic initiative.
- Support the ministry of Hope Community Center, a service learning community dedicated to the empowerment of Central Florida’s immigrant and working poor communities through education, advocacy, and spiritual growth.
We believe that we are one human family regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, or economic and ideological differences and that we must promote peace in a world filled with violence and conflict.
- Join the task force to help bring awareness to the horrors of slavery which exists today known as Human Trafficking.
We care for God’s creation. We believe that we are called to protect people and our common home in stewardship of creation and out of respect for our Creator.
- Plant a garden in your parish and help feed the community
- Examine your own lifestyle and see how your family can be a better steward for God and the environment
- Use reusable shopping bags
- Use energy efficient light bulbs and equipment
Contact the Office of Advocacy and Justice
Email us at email@example.com
Call us at 407-658-1818 x 1086