Rights and Responsibilities
Catholic Social Teaching
The Catholic tradition teaches that human dignity can be protected and a healthy community can be achieved only if human rights are protected and responsibilities are met. Therefore, every person has a fundamental right to life and a right to those things required for human decency. Corresponding to these rights are duties and responsibilities–to one another, to our families, and to the larger society.
More on Rights and Responsibilities
- Participate in Catholic Days at the Capitol, by joining with Floridians who share our faith to advocate for laws that protect and defend human life and dignity, we can give a voice to some of the most vulnerable and marginalized populations in our state and help promote the common good for all of Florida’s residents.
- Join the Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops Advocacy Network to help encourage lawmakers to defend all human life and promote the dignity of the most vulnerable in our society.
- Vote at the your next election. Find out voting information here.
- Pray to ensure the future of our nation will allow for religious freedom, as guaranteed by our constitution: Prayer Resources for Conscience Rights and Religious Freedom in English and Spanish.
- Host a Faithful Citizenship workshop; contact the Office of Advocacy and Justice to schedule a presentation: 407-658-1818 x 2086 or email@example.com.
- Raise awareness about “Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship“
- Invite a Catholic judge or lawyer to give a talk on the history of the First Amendment and host a Q&A Weekly Rosary Group dedicated to Religious Liberty.
- Write Letters to Editor in your local news publications