Catholic Days at the Capitol
Each year Catholics from around the state gather in Tallahassee to participate in Catholic Days at the Capitol. This two-day event provides the opportunity to put into action our faith’s call to political responsibility and allows us to strengthen the presence of our Catholic values in the public square. By joining with Floridians who share our faith to advocate for laws that protect and defend human life and dignity, we can give a voice to some of the most vulnerable and marginalized populations in our state and help promote the common good for all of Florida’s residents.
Catholic Days activities include:
- A legislative briefing on policy issues affecting human life and dignity
- Pre-scheduled meetings with lawmakers
- A breakfast for Catholic Days participants, Florida’s bishops and legislators
- Group photos of each diocesan delegation with their bishop
- Tours of the current and historic capitol buildings
- The opportunity to view the legislative process in action during committee meetings or floor sessions
- Annual Red Mass of the Holy Spirit celebrated by the bishops of Florida to pray for those working in the legislative, judicial and executive branches of government
Save the Date: March 23-24, 2021 Location: Tallahassee
Further information will be posted as it becomes available. For registration for the Diocese of Orlando, please contact the Culture of Life Office at CultureOfLife@cflcc.org or call (407) 658-1818 Ext.1086
Please visit https://flaccb.org/cdac for more information on the event.