Thank you to all who attended our annual Kentucky Derby Day on May 6, 2017! Together, we raised over $60,000 for the children, families and seniors we serve in Polk County. Donations support the SmilePak Pantry & Backpack Program, Family Stability Program, Agape Food Bank and Lakeland Activity Center for Seniors.
This year’s event features:
- Traditional Derby Day Fare including appetizers, dinner and desserts catered by award winning Chef, Tina Calhoon of Frescos in downtown Lakeland
- A new menu with delicious treats including Burgoo, Kentucky Hot Baby Browns, chicken and grits, pecan bourbon balls
- Bar with Bourbon, wine and & mint juleps…
- Live auction items including a day with Sheriff Grady Judd, a ride on the Goodyear Blimp, a week in Franklin, NC in a beautiful 4 bedroom home on a large hillside…
- Prizes and silent auction will include park tickets for Disney & Universal Studios, jewelry, movie passes, screen TV, baskets for kids and the whole family!
- Racing games and prizes
- Watch the LIVE Kentucky Derby Day race
- Fancy hat contest (hats will be available for sale)
For more information about the event, contact:
Special Events Coordinator