Pathways to Care
Who We Are
Pathways to Care is a 40-bed licensed assisted living facility dedicated to providing quality healthcare, housing and hope to Central Florida’s vulnerable homeless population of men, women and veterans in need of a safe place to heal from serious illness or injury. Our vision is to help those in need achieve greater quality of life, self-sufficiency and housing stability.
Pathways to Care offers two bridge programs for residents who need additional time and support before safely leaving our care. These programs are located in separate living spaces at Pathways to Care and act as a continuation of the resident’s care:
- Pathways to Independence is a nine-month transitional housing program for homeless women ages 18 and above. The program helps residents find and maintain employment, focus on self-improvement and stability, learn money management and locate permanent housing.
- Step 2 is a new transitional housing program for homeless men ages 18 and above. The program helps residents learn how to safely manage their chronic conditions, apply for benefits and secure permanent housing.
Who We Help
The homeless individuals we serve are released from area hospitals into our care. Without a home where they can rest and recover on their own, the homeless are at significant risk of complications and recurrence of their medical issues. Our resident’s medical needs vary from cardiac care, broken bones, cancer treatments, unmanaged diabetes or hypertension. Something as simple as keeping a wound clean can be an impossible task for someone who does not have a safe and sanitary place to live.
How We Help
We collaborate with faith based organizations, local businesses, homeless agencies and medical facilities to meet the critical needs of the medically needy homeless by providing essential services with loving care.
- On-site case management including: rigorous discharge planning to ensure safe, stable and permanent housing, application assistance for SSI/SSDI, food stamps and identification.
- Healthcare resources including medication management, establishment of PCP, dental and mental health providers.
- Three nutritionally balanced meals per day and assistance securing nutritional supplements.
- Private transportation to medical appointments and/or assistance obtaining public transportation.
- Optional on-site mental health counseling for residents and/or their families and/or referrals to community providers.
- Temporary housing with 24/7 supervision and care including basic clothing and shoes, if needed.
How You Can Help
- Donate gym shoes & flip-flops, blue jeans & sweat pants, personal hygiene items, and undergarments.
- Volunteer to provide on-site activities and games for our residents or assist with food preparation and service, building and grounds maintenance, and clerical support.
- Attend our Annual Soup Bowl Supper on October 28, 2017.
For more info about how you can help, please call 407-388-0245.
Pathways to Care
430 Plumosa Avenue
Casselberry, FL 32707