Share Your Heart of Service
Volunteers come from various backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common: they have a heart for service. Our volunteers expand our reach with their dedication and passion so we can serve more people in more places.
Please choose a volunteer opportunity below, then fill out our volunteer application at the bottom of this page.
*Volunteer opportunities are subject to change.
To search all volunteer opportunities by location, interest, date, or keyword, click here.
Volunteer Opportunities that Promote Advocacy and Justice
- Teach a Senior about Technology in Orlando: Volunteers are needed to help senior residents at St. Joseph Garden Courts, our independent senior living facility, lean about modern day technology such as computers, tablets, and smartphones. Click here to learn more and apply!
- Volunteer Sign Language Interpreters: Parishes throughout the Diocese of Orlando are in need of volunteer American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters to help deaf or hearing impaired individuals fully participate in the celebration of Mass each week. This position requires a yearlong commitment to serving at one Saturday or Sunday Mass per week and a diocesan background screening. Volunteers must be 18 and older. Click here to register and for more information.
Volunteer Opportunities to Help Alleviate Hunger
- Market volunteers at Mission Market Orlando: Volunteers help sort, pack, stock and distribute food to those in need. Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Click here to learn more and sign up!
- Food Warehouse Volunteers at Agape Food Bank in Lakeland: Volunteers help sort, pack, stock and distribute food to agencies that serve those in need. Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 11:30 am and 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm. Please click here to learn more and to sign-up! If you have any questions please contact Ken White at 863-665-7074 ext. 3217 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Groups are welcome!
Volunteer Opportunities to Help Prevent Homelessness
- Family Stability Program clerical/administrative volunteers in Orlando: Volunteers assist with data entry, copying, filing and organization. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Click here to learn more and apply!
- Receptionist with Family Stability Program in Winter Haven: Volunteers answer phones, greet guests, schedule appointments, operate copy and fax machine. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Click here to learn more and apply!
- Clerical/administrative volunteers in Indialantic/Cocoa: Volunteers assist with data entry, copying, filing, appointment scheduling and organization. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. For more info, contact: 321-338-2986.
Volunteer Opportunities to Help Provide Access to Healthcare
Volunteer medical professionals in Wildwood, Eustis and St. Cloud: We are looking for volunteer MD’s, PA’s, RN’s, OBGYN’s, EKG Technicians, endocrinologists, orthopedic surgeons, certified health educators, general and nurse practitioners at each of our clinics:
- Lazarus Free Medical Clinic in Wildwood – For more info, contact: Myrta.Aviles@cflcc.org or 352-748-4567.
- St. Luke’s Free Medical and Dental Clinic in Eustis – For more info, contact: Erin.Burley@cflcc.org or 352.602.4640.
- St. Thomas Free Medical Clinic in St. Cloud – For more info, contact: Kelly.Bender@cflcc.org or 407-593-1256.
Volunteer Opportunities to Help Care for Immigrants & Refugees
- Refugee Resettlement Donations Organization/Donation Drive Facilitator: Volunteers work with a Resettlement team member to help coordinate a supply drive and/or assist with organization of our storage units and supply room.
- Refugee Resettlement Events/General/Other Specialty: Volunteers will be able to provide general support for the Refugee Resettlement team, assist in planning or implementation of community events, share a specific skill or interest with refugee clients, or tailor a service project to meet identified needs.
Volunteer Opportunities with our Community Partners
- Ultrasound Technician at JMJ Pregnancy Centers: Do you have a passion for helping women and babies in need? We are looking for volunteer ultrasound technicians. Bilingual is a plus! Must be a ARDMS Certified Ultrasound Technician proficient in abdominal ultrasound imaging and measurements. Visit jmjlifecenter.org and contact Carrie Sargent to learn more email@example.com 407-201-5085
All Catholic Charities volunteers are expected to sign an acknowledgement and receipt of the Volunteer Manual as part of the online application process.
Youth Volunteer Requirements
- Youth Volunteers ages 12 -15 must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, school or other chaperone to participate.
- Youth Volunteers ages 12 – 17 are required to have a parent or legal guardian complete our Parental Consent form prior to volunteering