Human Trafficking Task Force
Who We Are
We are a ministry of the Office of Advocacy and Justice bringing awareness to the horrors of modern slavery known as human trafficking. Our ministry began in 2009 in response to the Florida Conference of Catholic Bishop’s initiative to advocate for victims of human trafficking. We passionately join forces with community and government task forces in Central Florida including the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Coalition of Catholic Organizations against Human Trafficking.
Our Mission and Vision
Our Mission is to educate, engage and empower the community to advocate for an end to human trafficking and provide support to survivors. Our Vision is to bring an end to human trafficking through awareness to all community members.
What We Do
Support for Victims
We provide support for victims of human trafficking and connect them to resources they need most.
Workshops to Raise Awareness
We offer workshops for parents, teachers, businesses and more to help raise awareness for the risks, warning signs and ways to take action against human trafficking.
What is Human Trafficking?
Human Trafficking is the human transport, transfer, harboring or receipt of a person by such means as threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, abduction, fraud or deception for the purpose of exploitation.
Human trafficking often happens in plain sight. Here is a video about human trafficking from the Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops. Please not some scenes may not be appropriate for youth.
Report Human Trafficking
National Human Trafficking Resource Center
1-866-DHS-2-ICE or 1-888-373-7888
Victim Support Line
Text INFO or HELP to BeFree (233733)
- Human Trafficking is a $150 billion world market, second only to illegal drugs.
- Greater Orlando ranks third in the United States for the number of reports to the national human-trafficking hotline.
- Orlando’s tourism, transient population and location makes it an ideal location for human trafficking.
- Download the Diocese of Orlando Human Trafficking Task Force brochure
- Catholic Relief Services
- Human Life and Dignity via United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Pontifical Academy of Sciences and Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences
- Stop Human Trafficking and Exploitation. Protect, Help, Empower, and Restore Dignity (SHEPHERD) via United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Teen Sex Trafficking Awareness PSA
- Prayer to St. Josephine Bakhita, the patroness of Human Trafficking
How to Help
Volunteer: Click here to become a volunteer.
Be Aware: Human trafficking often happens in plain site. Know the warning signs! Contact us to schedule an awareness workshop at your parish, school, business, etc.
Ask: Encourage companies to sell fair trade products.
Advocate: Spread the word about slavery and encourage others to buy fair trade. Contact us to schedule an awareness workshop at your parish, school, business, etc.